What do you do when you’re grasping at straws to get that inspiration, that motivation going?
1) Think long-term. Look ahead to what is promised you when you reach your goal.
“I already know what giving up feels like. I want to see what happens IF I DON’T.” Neila Rey
2) Reach deep down and find that spark to fuel your motivtion.
3) Be inspired by someone else. Think of someone you admire, and emulate their actions and intentions.
4) Remember that quitting isn’t an option.
“It’s always too early to quit.” Baltasar Gracian
5) Be a mentor.
If you are a mentor, or teacher, it is easy to become passionate, because you know about the subject you love more deeply.
6) Find your passion.
It’s much easier to be motivated to move toward a goal if you are chasing something you are truly passionate about.
7) Hold yourself accountable.
If you are not moving forward, know that you are the cause of this plateau. Create a list of ways to overcome by taking action.
Walk away for a bit, and return with renewed vigor and energy!
Wander around that world wide web that’s available at your fingertips. Just let the information take you where it will and find a topic that whets your creative appetite.
10) Get some face time.
Get together with friends or colleagues to brew some motivation. Whether it’s to relax or meld your ideas, meeting up with others face-to-face is a great way to go.